What you need:
For Bulgogi Filling:
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 package TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds
- 1 white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pear, cored and thinly sliced to ¼ inch matchstick
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mirin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 T gochujang
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ½ cup bell pepper, ¼ inch matchstick
- ½ bunch green onion, slant cut
- ½ cup carrot, peeled, ¼ inch matchstick
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent and starting to caramelize, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pack of TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds and break apart with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes. Reduce the heat if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Once Caramelized, add the matchstick pear and garlic, and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- In a separate cup, mix the soy sauce, mirin, dark brown sugar, and gochujang, and mix until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the filling and thoroughly combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and allow to reduce until it becomes a thick, sticky sauce, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and begin assembly.
- Pull apart the large leaves of the butter lettuce, and add 2 heaping tablespoons of bulgogi filling.
- Top with green onion, carrot and red pepper and some toasted sesame seeds