What you need:
For Bulgogi Protein:
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 package TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds
- 1 white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pear, cored and thinly sliced to ¼ inch matchstick
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mirin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 T gochujang
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent and starting to caramelize, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pack of TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds and break apart with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes. Reduce the heat if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Once Caramelized, add the matchstick pear and garlic, and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- In a separate cup, mix the soy sauce, mirin, dark brown sugar, and gochujang, and mix until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the filling and thoroughly combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and allow to reduce until it becomes a thick, sticky sauce, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl and enjoy with your favorite sides.
- Vegan Kimchi
- Rice of choice
- Pickled Carrots
- Soybean Sprouts
- Cucumber Salad (same recipe from Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps)
- Steamed eggplant