What you need:
For Pickled Red Onion:
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For Cilantro Lime Crema:
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems included
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeds removed
- ½ avocado
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 pack TMRW Chili Lime Protein Shreds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- Neutral oil
Pickled Red Onion
- Place sliced onion into a heat safe Tupperware container, or bowl.
- Place the water, white vinegar, and sugar into an appropriately sized saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot liquid over the red onions, and cover, allowing to quick pickle for approximately 30 minutes, or until you’re ready to assemble the tacos.
- You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Cilantro Lime Crema
- Blend all crema ingredients in a blender or food processor until it forms a smooth sauce – you will see some specs of cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning and lime to your desired preference.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Chili Lime Protein Shreds
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pack of Chili Lime Protein Shreds, and break apart with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes. Reduce the heat if they begin to brown too quickly.
To assemble the tacos:
- In a dry nonstick pan, heat to medium high.
- Place corn tortillas, and toast for approximately 45 seconds per side.
- Remove from heat and begin to assemble the tacos.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of cooked Protein Shreds onto a taco, then add a spoonful of cilantro lime crema, followed by a few pieces of pickled red onion, and top with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve with a lime wedge.