What you need:
For the Shreds:
- 1 pack TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of neutral oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pack of BBQ shreds, and break apart with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes. Reduce the heat if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Cilantro Lime Rice:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under water until the water runs clear.
- Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, chop a ½ cup of cilantro, and zest 1 lime.
- Once the rice is cooked, use a fork or spatula to fold in the lime juice, zest and fresh cilantro.
- 2 Avocados, halved
- Fresh cilantro
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Side salad of choice (optional)
- Brush the avocado halves with oil of choice.
- Heat a nonstick pan or grill on medium high heat and place the avocados, cut side down and lightly sear to warm up.
- Fill each avocado hole with the cooked TMRW BBQ Protein Shreds, and top with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve with the cilantro lime rice and salad of choice.