What you need:
For the Shreds:
- 1 pack Lightly Seasoned Protein Shreds
- 1 tbsp Shawarma Seasoning
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of neutral oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pack of TMRW Lightly Seasoned Protein Shreds, and break apart with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Shawarma Seasoning and mix to coat.
- Cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes. Reduce the heat if they begin to brown too quickly.
For the Hummus:
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3-4 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid
- Juice of 1 large lemon, approximately ¼ cup.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 2 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Zaatar Spice (can substitute with sumac or paprika)
- In a food processor, blend the tahini, lemon juice, and seasoning
- Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and add water or chickpea liquid if it’s too thick.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl. And drizzle the top with some olive oil, and a sprinkle of zaatar spice.
For the Pita:
- 2 Greek Pita (or naan)
- Olive Oil
- Zaatar (can substitute with sumac or paprika)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Brush the pita with olive oil, and place on the rack and heat until desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and cut into 6 triangles.
For the Shawarma Seasoning:
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- 5 tsp ground paprika
- 5 tsp dried ground ginger
- 5 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp dried ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, and store in an airtight container for
- Sliced cucumber and tomatoes
- Place the cooked Shawarma Shreds in a pile in the center of the hummus bowl.
- Drizzle with more olive oil, and place the pitta along the side.
- Serve with sliced cucumber and tomato for an addition of crunch.