What you need:
For the Protein and Veg:
- 1 pack TMRW Lightly Seasoned Protein Shreds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of neutral oil.
- In a bowl, mix the shreds and the seasoning, until thoroughly combined.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned shreds, and cook until all sides are caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer shreds to a bowl, and in the same pan, add another 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Once hot, add the sliced onions and green peppers, and sauté until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the TMRW Protein Shreds back into the pan, and mix with the sauteed veg.
- Set aside.
- 2 x hoagie rolls (or any housing)
- Vegan butter
- 4 x slices vegan cheddar or provolone
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Slice the rolls lengthwise – be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Brush with vegan butter, and place 2 slices of cheese at the heel of the buns.
- Place in the oven and allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from the oven, and load with Protein Shreds and veg mix.